New Feature Ideas

Use this forum to provide new feature ideas. Other companies will be able to vote for your idea, which is one of the factors we use to prioritize new features.

Thank you in advance for all your great ideas!

My feature idea is ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Bulk Data Entry Option

It would be great to be able to add data (especially custom data) in bulk. I.E. pull up a list of all active students and fill in a custom status - private versus public or any other detail without having to go into each person individually...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Student Groups for Multiple Purposes

It would be very useful to be able to create and later pull up multiple students based on a custom created criteria - I.E. pull up a list of all students taking Math 101 or all students paying by Visa.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sync Teachworks with Trello

Create integration with Trello - If info could be transferred easily from Teachworks to Trello and or vica versa, users can set up all kinds of things using the flexibility of Trello (i.e. pipelines, systems, the possibilities are endless).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Google Drive: link documents attached to students and clients to google drive

Make it so we can attach a document to a student or client's profile via a google drive link. This way we can have a doc in our google drive and have it linked to teachworks (as well as other apps i.e. Trello) rather than having to upload it to many different apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pre-pay for online bookings

I would like to require the client to pre-pay for a lesson booked online through the website booking plugin.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Google classroom integration

I would like to suggest that a integration with google classroom could significantly improve the functionality of tw.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Slack Integration

Integrate Slack so that all internal communication regarding students can be tracked in one place (e.g. assigning students to teachers, communicating student availability, etc.) This would be a great way to notify all available, appropriate teachers of an incoming new student simultaneously. Additionally, this is an easy way for teachers to share teaching resources with the group.

The integration could import all teachers into the Slack account for the company and add them to all the main channels (#general, #announcements, etc.). Then, teachers could elect to join additional challenges that are relevant to them (e.g. #scienceteachers #musicteachers, etc.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow teachers to view a summary of lesson notes

It would be very helpful if teachers could view a summary of all their lesson notes. Then they do not need to keep separate lesson notes.. they can enter them once in TW and then use this for their own records as well. As it is, the only way they can see their notes is one at a time, taking quite a few steps to see them. Sure, an admin can print a report for them .. but this is not realistic in any regular way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See Total Tax Charged

We collect 5% tax from clients which needs to be remitted to the government. It would be ideal to be able to run a report for any given period for how much tax has been charged.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. View Weekly and Monthly Calendar Filter

It would be really helpful to look at my monthly and weekly calendar view and see only the lessons in one area or see in weekly view, all the available times in a week and then hover over those times to see which tutors are available at that time. i.e. I go to week view and see Thurs at 4pm, Sheena, Dana and Rachel are all available in Kitsalano.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cancellation Notifications For Both Missed and Cancelled Sessions

We'd like to have the check box to send a cancellation email for lessons that are marked as "missed" in addition to those marked as "cancelled." Currently the system only allows for the later but not the former, but our use case is the reverse. Having this 'opt-in' option available for both statuses would add flexibility while still allowing people to use it as they currently are. Simple change, big win!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Until Canceled" Repeat Option

Add a "until canceled" option for repeated lessons.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Anexar conteúdos

An individual space to attach the contents of the lesson.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Date Range to Employee Availability

Currently Employee Availability has no starting or ending dates. We as I'm sure many other tutoring companies do, book far in advance. In our case often up to a year. Our tutors have very different schedules in the Summer and regular school year and often in the following school year. The addition of starting and ending dates to Employee Availability would considerably improve our scheduling ability and eliminate confusion.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adding Attachment to Emails

I would like to request feature to attach files to the emails. It is making it hard to use the email function without the attachment.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Missed lessons should appear on the calendar feed (just like "[Cancelled]")

We would like for lessons marked as Missed to show up on the teacher calendar feed -- much as Cancelled lessons appear as "[Cancelled] event name."
    We have instances where clients cancel in advance but are still billed, and teachers still paid (e.g. if a client cancel too often in a given time period).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatically send email reminder to tutors when task is overdue and not completed

I'd love the tasks to automatically send a reminder via text and/or email to tutors when an assigned task is overdue and has not been checked as completed. This would save a lot of time when a task is emailed to a tutor to contact a family without me needing to email and follow up.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve Unavailability Feature

can you make the unavailability feature a bit more obvious. when I set a tutor as unavailable for a week in July, I would like to be able to see it in the month view and for it to be an obvious color. right now, i can only see it in week view. in week view, i can not add a lesson during that week but in month view, i can not see the unavailable week AND i can book a lesson via month view during that time - when she actually is not available.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to change due date on an invoice without having to unallocate Credits

Currently, if you need to change the due date of an invoice, you need to unallocate the credits on that invoice, change the date, and then reallocate the credit.
    It would be helpful to be able to change non-critical parts of the invoice without having to go through all that.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. UNAVAILABILITY VIEWING

Again - Please, please, please improve the vacation settings for Tutors. they should be able to update their own (as they can already) but I should be able to see on monthly, weekly and teacher calendar who is available and not available. this should be easy to see. this is SUCH and important feature when booking appointments over busy holiday seasons.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

New Feature Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base