Creating Custom Forms
Follow these steps to create or manage your custom forms:
1. Log into your admin account and go to the Account & Settings tab and click the "Integrations & Add-ons" option.
2. Find the "Custom Forms" add-on.
3. Click the "Add New" link.
4. Select the type of form that you want to create and click the "Next" button. You can choose from:
- Family - this allows you to include form fields for a family profile and child students.
- Independent - this form is for independent students that are not part of a family (typically adult students).
- Employee - this form is for accepting applications from potential employees
The general form setting fields are displayed at the top of the form.
1. Form Title - This will be displayed at the top of the form.
2. Form URL - This field will be populated by creating a url-friendly version of the title. This will be included in the URL for your form.
7. Redirect URL - If you want your form to redirect back to your website or a particular page on your website, you can enter URL in this field. Make sure that you begin the link with "http://". If this field is left empty then after the form is submitted it will redirect back to the same page and will display a message indicating that the information has been received.
Required Form Fields
Some fields will be pre-populated and are required to be included on the form since they are required fields for profiles in Teachworks. You can customize the label that will be displayed on the form for each of these fields.
First and last names are required for an enrollment form to be submitted. If you've included the credit card field, then a valid credit card must be entered to submit the form.
Additional Form Fields
You can add as many additional fields to your form as you would like. To add a field, follow these steps:
1. Click the "Add Row" link below the existing form fields.
2. From the "Field" select menu, select the field that you want to display on the form in this position.
3. There are up to three types of form fields:
- Standard Fields - these are the fields that are included on all profiles in Teachworks, such as first name, last name, email, address, etc.
- Custom Fields - these are fields that you have added to student or employee profiles using the "Custom Profile Fields" add-on.
- Formatting Fields - these fields allow you to add formatting to the form such as dividers, line breaks or section headings.
5. Repeat this process for each field that you want to add to your form.
6. If you need to remove a field, click the "Remove" link next to the label field.
7. Once you've added all of the fields, click the "Save" button.
8. The custom form will be added to your Custom Forms table where you can:
- Click the "View" icon to see the form,
- Click the "Edit" icon to make changes
- Click the "Delete" icon to delete the form.
The top section of this form displays the information for the family such as the parent's name and contact details.
The bottom section is the student section where families can add information related to their children such as name, subjects, and notes regarding teaching.
If a family has more than one student they will be able to click an "Add Student" link to add an additional set of student fields.
Directing People to Your Form
If you have a website you can add a button or link to your website that directs users to your enrollment form. Or you could also email the link to your form to potential employees or students.
The "Terms Version History" table includes the following columns: Time Stamp, Form Name, Form Type and Terms.