Enabling the Task Manager Add-on
To enable the Task Manager add-on, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Account & Settings tab and click the Integrations & Add-Ons option.
2. Find the Task Manager add-on and click the "Enable" link.
A Task option will be added under the Employees tab (and will be displayed as a separate tab in teacher accounts).
Create a Task
To add a task, follow these steps:
1. Click the Tasks option under the Employee tab (or click the Task tab if logged in as a teacher).
2. Click the "Add Task" link in the sidebar.
3. Complete the task form. Fields include title, description, due date, priority and employees. You can assign a task to multiple employees and they can record their progress individually. If you would like to send an email to the employees to notify them of the task, check the "Send Email" check box.
4. Submit the form.
Updating a Task's Status
To update a task's status follow these steps:
1. Click the check mark icon in the row of the task.
2. Set the status for any employees that the task has been assigned to.
3. Submit the form.
Permission to Manage Tasks
Admins can assign tasks to any employee and employees can create tasks for themselves.
If you would like to give a staff member permission to assign tasks to other employees follow these steps:
1. Go to the employee's profile.
2. Scroll down to the Permissions section (this section is only available if the employee has a user account).
3. Set the "Tasks" permission to "Manage".
4. Save the profile.